Microstrategy is a popular business intelligence and reporting tool that offers many useful features. Here’s our detailed Microstrategy review to help you decide if it is the right business intelligence tool for your business.
Microstrategy Review, Pricing, Features, Benefits, Pros and Cons
Here’s our in-depth Microstrategy review, pricing, features, benefits, pros and cons.
Microstrategy is a popular business intelligence tool that allows you to connect to multiple data sources in your organization, visualize data, build reports & dashboards, and share insights with others.
It is available as desktop, on-premise and cloud deployments. It works well on all desktops, mobile devices and web browsers.
It features visual interface, charting, dashboards, dynamic filters, formula expressions, parameterized queries, calculated fields, scheduled reports, PDF exports.
However, it has a fairly steep learning curve and is not a self-service BI tool. So you will need to hire a team of trained IT professionals to help you install and manage Microstrategy in your organization, or take help of a Microstrategy consultant. As a result, it can take a few weeks or even months to get started.
So it is suitable for large businesses and enterprises who have the time and resources for it.
Microstrategy used to be quite popular during legacy BI days, but now it lacks many of the self-service features offered by its competitors.
Here are the key benefits of Microstrategy:
- Connect to multiple data sources
- Get at-a-glance status of business
- Suitable for every industry and department
- Get business insights
- Make better business decisions
- Share insights with others
Here are the key features of Microstrategy:
- Business intelligence
- Advanced and predictive analytics
- Cloud BI
- High-performance business intelligence
- Easy to use and maintain
- Self-service analytics
- Software as a service (SaaS)
- Big data solutions
- Real-time WYSIWYG report design
- Agile analytics
- Scorecards and dashboards
- Enterprise reporting
- Mobile BI
Microstrategy offers a free trial, and 4 paid plans
- Web Package – $600/named user or $300K/ CPU core
- Mobile Package – $600/named user or $ 300K/ CPU core
- Architect Package – $5,000/ named user
- Server Package – $1,200/named user or $ 600K/CPU core
Microstrategy Pros and Cons
- Mature product
- Robust features
- Has a steep learning curve
- Can be expensive for SMBs
- Lacks self-service features available in competitors
Microstrategy is a powerful business intelligence and reporting tool that offers plenty of useful features. However, it requires significant IT assistance to get started with Microstrategy, which can mean weeks or even months of waiting period. Also, it has a fairly steep learning curve that you need to undergo Microstrategy training to be able to use it fluently. So if you are large business or enterprise who can afford these things, then it is a good option.
If you are looking for an easy to use, powerful and affordable business intelligence and reporting tool, you can try Ubiq.