Looker is a popular business intelligence and analytics software that helps you explore, analyze and share real-time analytics for your business. Here’s our detailed Looker review to help you decide if it is the right business intelligence platform for your business.
Looker Review, Pricing, Features, Benefits, Pros and Cons
Here’s our in-depth Looker review, pricing, features, benefits, pros and cons
Looker is a business intelligence and big data analytics platform that allows you to easily visualize, explore, analyze data and share business insights.
It provides a visual interface to help you slice and dice data, build reports and dashboards that you can share with others.
It features data preparation, visualization, exploration, analysis, business intelligence, reporting, dashboards. It uses a proprietary modeling language called LookML to define and process your data.
Looker is available as on-premise as well as cloud-based deployments. However, it is not a self-service business intelligence tool. You need to contact their customer support who will help you deploy their solution. So it may take weeks, if not months, to get it up and running for your business.
You also need a dedicated team of trained IT professionals who can help you manage Looker on an ongoing basis.
Also, its licensing fees are quite high (>$1,000/user/month) for SMBs.
If you are a large business or enterprises who has a big BI budget, and can afford to hire an IT team for business intelligence, then Looker is a good option.
Here are the key benefits of Looker:
- Data connectivity
- Get business insights
- Share insights easily
- Get at-a-glance status for your business
- KPI Monitoring
- Monitor business operations
- Identify growth areas
Here are the key features of Looker:
- Browser-based interface and customizable dashboards
- Easy to build dashboards that work on any device
- APIs for integration into custom or third-party applications
- Drag-and-drop mechanism
- Collaboration features
- Fully customizable and exportable reports, charts and graphs
- Extensible modeling language (LookLM) defines dimensions and measures
- In-database architecture, so transformations happen at query
- Modern IDE for agile development and embellishment
- Live connection to any SQL database, on any infrastructure
- Powerful tools for real-time data exploration and collaboration
- Reliable tech support and self-learning database
Looker’s pricing is available only on request.
Looker Pros and Cons
- Mature product
- Robust features
- Long time to get up and running
Looker is a popular BI product that allows you to perform in-depth data analysis and reporting. However, it can be quite expensive and take a long time to get up and running, unlike most modern BI tools which are affordable and self-service.
If you are looking for an easy to use, powerful and affordable business intelligence and reporting tool, you can try Ubiq.