Microsoft Power BI is a popular business intelligence and data visualization tool that allows you to visualize and analyze data using real-time dashboards and share insights with others. Here’s our detailed Power BI review to help you decide if it is the right business intelligence tool for your business.
Microsoft Power BI Review, Pricing, Features, Benefits, Pros and Cons
Here’s our in-depth Power BI review, pricing, features, benefits, pros and cons.
Microsoft Power BI Review
Microsoft Power BI is a business intelligence and data visualization tool that allows you to connect a a wide range of data sources in our organization such as flat files, relational databases and cloud services.
It provides a drag & drop UI to help you visualize, explore and analyze data. You can save these visualizations onto real-time dashboards.
Power BI also features dynamic filters and PDF exports. It also features a search box where you can type questions in plan english and it will return relevant visualizations as the answer.
Power BI is available as desktop, on-premise, and cloud-based versions. It works well on all desktops, mobile devices and web browsers.
However, it has quite a few pricing plans and deployment options at this point, which can be confusing. Also, its licensing costs can go up quickly, as your requirements increase. So make sure you have carefully evaluated the plans before picking one.
Microsoft Power BI Benefits
Here are the key benefits of Power BI:
- Connect to all data sources from one place
- Data visualization
- Get at-a-glance status of your business
- Get useful business insights
- Share dashboards with others
- Collaborate with your team
- Make better business decisions
- Monitor operations
- Investigate issues
Microsoft Power BI Features
Here are the key features of Power BI:
- Customizable dashboards
- Navigation pane
- Help & feedback buttons
- Q&A Question Box
- Ad Hoc reporting
- Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)
- Ad Hoc analysis
- Trend indicators
- Complete reporting & data visualization tools
- Interactive reports authoring
Microsoft Power BI
Microsoft Power BI offers 2 paid plans.
- Power BI – Free
- 1GB Data Capacity Limit
- Create, View, and Share Personal Dashboards and Reports
- Author Content
- Data Exploration
- Native Apps for iOS, Windows, and Android
- Consume curated content packs for services like Dynamics, Salesforce, and Google Analytics
- Import data and reports from Excel, CSV and Power BI Desktop files
- Publish to web
- Power BI Pro – $9.99/user/month
- All Power BI Features
- Consume live data sources with full interactivity
- Access on-premises data using the Data Connectivity Gateways (Personal and Data Management)
- Collaborate with your team using Office 365 Groups in Power BI
- Create, publish and view organizational content packs
- Manage access control and sharing through Active Directory groups
- Shared data queries through the Data Catalog
- Power BI Premium – $4,995/month/dedicated compute & storage instance
- Enterprise BI, big data analytics, cloud and on-premises reporting
- Advanced administration and deployment controls
- Dedicated cloud compute and storage resources
- Allow any user to consume Power BI content
Microsoft Power BI Pros and Cons
- Mature product
- Robust features
- Easy to use
- Nothing big enough to be listed here
Microsoft Power BI is a feature-rich business intelligence and data visualization tool that offers many useful features. It is suitable for SMBs as well as large enterprises.
If you are looking for an easy to use, powerful and affordable business intelligence and reporting tool, you can also try Ubiq.