Personalization is an amazing way to increase Ecommerce Sales. Most of the time people leave your site because they couldn’t find what they were looking for or anything interesting. Showing them what they like tempts them to buy it. Here are 5 Ways to Increase Ecommerce Sales through Personalization.
- Navigational personalization. Every next page that the shopper sees should be based on their previous activity. It helps shopper to quickly converge to finding something worth buying. This is a basic way to increase Ecommerce sales on your site.
- Customer-segment personalization. Use customer preferences and order history to personalize the experience. Group similar customers in a segment to enable personalization. This way you have to think about only a few group specific customizations instead of doing it separately for each customer. Many online businesses use this to increase Ecommerce sales on their site. This technique is also known as Market Segmentation.
- Personalize using third-party data. You can build an effective personalization & recommendation engine if you use shopper location, social network feeds, and other third-party data, like weather. E.g, based on weather, you can suggest clothing. Based on location you can suggest accessories like cameras, shoes, etc.
- Predictive personalization. This is an advanced personalization. It means predicting customer’s needs even customer has performed any activity. Again, you can combine customer’s browsing & purchase history with third party data to come up with suggestions.
- Customer-specific personalization. This is the most advanced, toughest and probably the most effective way to increase Ecommerce Sales. It means personalizing shopping experience for each customer. This is where a business is analyzes all customer attributes along with third party data in real-time to increase relevance and improve conversion. Basically each customer sees his own special version of the site.
These are some of the ways to increase Ecommerce Sales on your site. You can combine them or perform them in any order.