To run a successful online business, it is important to keep the number of customer complaints to a minimum. It cannot be done overnight. However, you can set goals to be achieved to improve customer service over time. Here are 5 customer service KPIs to monitor regularly.
Key Customer Service KPIs To Track Regularly
- Customer service email count – It is the number of complaint emails you have received. The smaller this number the better it is.
- Customer service phone call count – It is the number of complaint phone calls you have received. The smaller this number the better it is.
- Customer service chat count – It is the number of complaint chats you have had. The smaller this number the better it is.
- Average resolution time – It is the amount of time in minutes, hours or days taken to resolve a customer complaint. This tells you how responsive your team is to customer complaints. The smaller this number the better your customer service.
- Concern classification – It is the type of customer complaint. As you get more customer complaints you can group them into categories. This helps you get number of customer complaints in each category. The more the number of customer complaints of a given type the greater the are of concern.
You can set monthly goals for each of these customer service KPIs to improve customer service. Tracking them daily, taking action based on periodic review will get you there over time.
Customer Service KPIs can help you understand effectiveness of your customer support process, identify areas of improvement and increase customer satisfaction. Build a customer service dashboard that automatically updates on a regular basis so you can track the performance of your customer service team and help them improve quickly.
To give this a try on your own data, you can try Ubiq Analytics for free.